Blend door actuator?

DANDANDANTHEMAN
  • 2013 NISSAN ALTIMA
I have dual climate control in my car listed above SL. I turned the heat on and noticed the passenger vents are blowing cold air regardless of temperature setting. The driver's side blows warm air as expected. This very much sounds like an actuator issue.

Question 1. Will there be two actuators which support the dual climate control or just one actuator?
Question 2. Are there documented instructions for replacing the actuator for my model and trim level?
Thursday, November 17th, 2022 AT 9:18 PM

Hi,

I'm glad to see that you reposted. LOL As far as your questions are concerned, there are two actuators. One controls the driver's side and the other is for the passenger side. If you look at pic 1 below, number 16 is the driver's side and 17 is for the passenger side.

I am basing this on you having automatic climate control. If you don't, let me know.

Pic 2 are the directions for replacement. You will need to remove the glove box to gain access to the actuator.

The last three pics are removal of the glove box, and I highlighted the heater duct that will need removed.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.

Take care,

See pics below.
Thursday, November 17th, 2022 AT 9:41 PM
DANDANDANTHEMAN
Is the actuator part identical for driver and passenger? Don t want to mistakenly purchase the wrong side part. If you know the part number, that would be fantastic!
Thursday, November 17th, 2022 AT 10:56 PM
Hi,

Believe it or not, it is showing two different part numbers. The only difference in the number is the last letter. Ugh! (See pic below) Also, the price is different as well. Keep in mind, the prices you see are original equipment parts. You should find them for much less. My only suggestion is not to purchase the least expensive thing you can find online. In most cases, they usually don't work or last about a week.

Take care and let me know how things turn out.
+1
Friday, November 18th, 2022 AT 6:44 PM

Sponsored links