Battery light warning light is lit

JOE1953
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
The battery warning light is on. I replace a new alternator and the battery light is still on. How do I reset battery warning light?
Saturday, November 5th, 2016 AT 12:06 AM

Measure the battery voltage with the engine running. It must be between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, start by checking the fuses, including a really large one that is likely to be bolted in the under-hood fuse box. If the voltage is okay, have the new generator tested for full-load output current. If it has one defective diode of the six, it will only be able to develop exactly one third of its rated current. AC generators put out three-phase current. With a bad diode, one phase will be missing, and the voltage regulator may detect that and turn on the "Battery" light in response. You do not reset the "Battery" light. It will turn off when the charging system is working.
Saturday, November 5th, 2016 AT 12:15 AM
JOE1953
I took the car by advance auto parts and they test the charging system the voltage was 13.71 no load and 13.35 loaded the results show no problems and he check the fuses he said they was okay other than one of the large fuse he said look different but he said it was not broke. How do I check the large fuses and how do I remove them?
Saturday, November 5th, 2016 AT 8:43 AM
JOHNNY G.JR
They should come straight out and checked for continuity with an ohm meter.
Sunday, November 6th, 2016 AT 6:00 PM
MHPAUTOS
Some of the Toyota 80 amp block fuses are bolted in and the fuse box needs to be lifted up to access the two bolts.
Sunday, November 6th, 2016 AT 6:28 PM