Battery Gauge in Dash

GUSTAFA75
  • 2013 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My gauge is not working. Took the vehicle to Autozone and they said that the alternator and the battery are both operating normally with their test set. They sold me a battery current sensor, but from what I read this has nothing to do with the charging indicating system. I have looked through the owner's manual and have not found a relay or fuse that is directly related to the problem that I am having. Is there something easy that I have missed? Thanks ahead of time!
Saturday, December 19th, 2015 AT 7:13 AM

It may be the gauge itself as they are digital and will do that. You should never take a vehicle to an auto parts for that kind of stuff as they are not mechanics. You can check fuse 46 underhood as that powers the dash but it may be something like a lan serial data problem or body module which would require a local pro to scan for codes as auto parts can't do that.
Saturday, December 19th, 2015 AT 8:31 AM