BARELY ANY AIR BLOWING THROUGH THE VENTS

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

lnelon

August, 7, 2013 AT 12:38 PM

Blow motor and resistor were replaced when the air initially stopped working (TSB said to replace together). Since theyve been replaced the air just trickles out of the vents, regardless of the settings. Pulled the blower from the housing and ran it and it blows air very hard. Cabin filter was replaced at the same time. Pulled the stereo out and checked the cable. Theyre connected and the linkage is moving when I turn the knob to direct the air to different locations. Trickles out of the vents no matter how I set the air. I've noticed a lot more condensation dripping from the car since this started. Inside the car too on the passenger side. I've also noticed the blower motor is very loud since replacing it.

Wrenchtech

August, 7, 2013 AT 1:05 PM

Is the cage turning in the same direction as the old one?

lnelon

August, 7, 2013 AT 1:11 PM

I honestly dont know. Which way is it supposed to turn?

Wrenchtech

August, 7, 2013 AT 1:46 PM

The same as the old one.

lnelon

August, 7, 2013 AT 2:13 PM

Thanks for nothing.

2CarPros Ken

August, 7, 2013 AT 2:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion, it sounds like you have something blocking the air intake of the vent system, can you check up under the dash to see if a plastic bag or something is blocking it? Also, does the air flow change when you switch it from fresh to recirculate?

I have also seem were the blend door has come loose from the pivot arm so the mechanism moves but the door just sits there.

Thanks for using the site, please contact me directly for more info : -)

2Carpros, Ken ASE Certified Master Tech

lnelon

March, 13, 2014 AT 6:30 AM

I've checked numerous times around the dash and I don't see anything that could be blocking. Ive felt around where the blower motor goes and didn't feel anything either.

When I turn on recirculate the air flow isnt any better, but it sounds louder in the dash and my windshield fogs up quickly.

2CarPros Ken

March, 13, 2014 AT 12:42 PM

Did the new fan motor come with its own squirrel cage? Or did you use the old one?

lnelon

March, 13, 2014 AT 12:50 PM

It came with its own cage and I installed it as-is.

2CarPros Ken

March, 13, 2014 AT 1:19 PM

Did the motor come with a plug or did you wire it in?

lnelon

March, 13, 2014 AT 1:25 PM

It plugged right in. The harness coming from the car will only plug into it one way.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic