GASOLINE LEAK

2000 Audi Quattro

MARY BETH LAWLOR

April, 6, 2008 AT 7:34 AM

Smells problem
2000 Audi Quattro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 93,000 miles

ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS BUT I WAS TOLD IT WAS THE CAT CONVERTER AND NOT TO WORRY, VERY EXPENSIVE AND TOLD CAR MAY HAVE TWO CAT CONVERTERS. FAINT GASOLINE SMELL FOR A WEEK OR SO AND NOW A GAS LEAK ON THE DRIVEWAY UNDER THE REAR PASSENGERS SEAT AREA. ALSO, CAR ENGINE HAS HAD SOME SLIGHT HESITATION IN TURNING OVER AND THE LAST TIME IT WAS STARTED IT HESITATED AND I SHUT OFF AND AT THAT TIME SAW THE GAS ON THE DRIVEWAY AS IF IT HAD BLOWN OUT WHEN CAR WAS STARTED. I LIVE ON A PENNINSULA IN MAINE AND DO NOT HAVE EASY ACCESS TO QUALIFIED, TRUSTWORTHY MECHANIC. I REALIZE IT WILL NEED TO BE TOWED INLAND AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW SERIOUS THIS PROBLEM COULD BE OR IF IT IS A SOMEWHAT SIMPLE REPAIR(S) THANK YOU.

Missing Part And Leaking Fuel

Gas Leak

merlin2021

April, 6, 2008 AT 8:44 AM

Audi repair is never a simple problem! If it has known bad converter, that alone is 2000.00 or so! And your gas leak will cause the hessitation, by the location description, sounds like a gas line leak.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i