WATER ON THE ENGINE

1998 Audi Quattro

jeffseybold

April, 8, 2010 AT 11:58 PM

1998 Audi Quattro V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

I recently Installed a new transmission on my 1998 Audi A 8 Quatttro, I was steam cleaning the engine, with the motor running. All of a sudden. It quit. It turns over, fuel pump relay clicks on. No Start? Any suggestions?

Jack42

April, 9, 2010 AT 8:04 AM

Steam cleaning is a bad idea with all of the electronics under the hood nowdays, but I guess you already know that. LOL. Try unplugging and drying out with computer air (Canned Air) every connector you can find related to the engine running. This is the best place to start, so if water is causing a bad connection you dont chase your tail. It may even just dry out eventually and start

jeffseybold

April, 17, 2010 AT 9:59 PM

Sir, the car dried out/ started up. Badddd.I ran a scan, I received 12 codes.0121. Throttle position.0300,0303,0304,0306, 0308, cylinder misfires. Code 1640. DTC'S AVAILABLE IN ANOTHER MODULE.1500 SPEED SENSOR. What could have happened. Please help. Let me know, I will donate again. Please advise

Jack42

April, 18, 2010 AT 3:30 PM

Have you dried out the connectors for the coils? Check for moisture in the spark plug wells. You will need to get rid of any moisture that isnt where it is supposed to be. It has just now dried out enough on its own to start

jeffseybold

April, 18, 2010 AT 10:57 PM

I tried everything. New spark plugs, new power output Stage///It acts like it is loaded up. Transmission was hard enough. Any Suggestions. Thanks Jeff LA FIRE DEPARTMENT. Call me Anytime.661-295-9324

Jack42

April, 20, 2010 AT 7:42 AM

If it is misfiring, since it was wet, you are most likely looking at connections at the injectors, coils, but until all connectors are free of moisture and corrosion it may not run right. The misfires will cause other related codes. Check every connector also check for moisture in the underhood power center. And If itis visible the main connector for the engine wiring harness.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Starter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Fuel Filter Change