ALARM PROBLEM

1997 Audi Quattro

sjambe3

February, 19, 2008 AT 11:38 AM

Other Category problem
1997 Audi Quattro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

How do I find and replace the alarm battery in my 1997 Audi A6 Quattro wagon? The alarm does not sound when I lock the doors or leave the head lights on after shutting the ignition off. However, it pings for about a minute when I start it and drive off. And I get a steady alarm signal for about a minute when I turn the headlights on. I suspect a bad alarm battery. Thanks.

Jack42

February, 19, 2008 AT 12:51 PM

In the remote? The one in the car runs off the cars battery. Is this a factory or aftermarket alarm?

sjambe3

February, 19, 2008 AT 4:36 PM

I do not have the remote. I assume it's the factory alarm. I have owned the car for three years and have only heard the loud car alarm a couple times. I do not know how to use it. What I'm refering to is the warning indicator beeps you hear when you leave the lights on, or keys in the ignition, and the slight honk you hear when you lock the doors. I've heard there might be a separate alarm battery that, when it starts to die, cause odd things to happen. If there is no other battery, is there a way to reset the system? Thanks.

Jack42

February, 19, 2008 AT 5:23 PM

The only thing I have is how to reprogrma remotes, not reset system without one. M< ight want to find a shop that specializes in Audi and has the proper scan equipment to do your alarm system