CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AFTER REAR IMP

2002 Audi Allroad

indianax

February, 20, 2010 AT 2:36 PM

2002 Audi Allroad 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

I'm having issues with my insurance (AAA) not wanting to cover sensor repairs caused by a rear impact. My check engine light was triggered when my Audi Allroad was hit from behind, car went under the back of my car and tailpipes were hit but not damaged. Audi say cause of check engine light is O2 sensor (on exhaust manifold - I think), cost $800+ to diag and repair).

Other changes after accident: Car running noticeably rough, especially during idle; and front air bags deflate all the way immediately on engine being switched off, this did not happen before.

Can I prove to AAA that these issues were caused by the Accident? Very frustrating that AAA only covers the physical damage and not other difficult to prove damage.

Thanks!

Ian

Jack42

February, 22, 2010 AT 7:16 AM

You will need to find a shop that specializes in Audis and have them inspect it, if the damage is due to the accident, they need to write it up as such. Then contact your AAA agent and let him know what is going on. If you already settled the claim, then you may not have any recourse.