ADAPTIVE AIR SUSPENSION

2004 Audi A8

alyahya

September, 5, 2010 AT 11:07 AM

Suspension problem
2004 Audi A8 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic

My 2004 Audi A8 4.2L has what is called adaptive air suspension, the system was working very well, all the sudden the I start hearing strange sounds on the fron right. I also notice that when I swtich that the car is not leveled. It is get lopwer on the fron right and weeks later, borth the left and the right front of the car gets very love untill I get on the car.
One more thing I noticed is that I see the low level indicator (green with down arrow) on the dashboard. Couple of days later I notice the orange indicato in the dashboard as well, howerver, when I start the car it flashes for seconds and then it turns off.
I visit a workshop and they told me that I have to change the air suspesnsion which cost arround $2000.
First, it that the actual fault? Is there any replacemnt cheaper that that? Even if it is an OEM

Dave H

September, 13, 2010 AT 3:30 AM

Hello. Thanks for the donation. Much appreciated

You may have a leaking air shock or leaking air line from the compressor or you could have a faulty front leveling sensor but this would give the same ride height on both sides of the vehicle. I would have a second opinion on what actually needs to be replaced and any parts needed can be purchased aftermarket at a significant lower cost

alyahya

September, 13, 2010 AT 6:24 AM

Where can I find a nafter market parts?

I'm located in Saudi Arabia and I would order it online

Do you know any place that have a wesbsitse from which I can order?

Dave H

September, 14, 2010 AT 7:41 PM

I would start by looking at Ebay. The american or european site's have listing's that will ship oversea's

hope this helps

Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Replace Tie Rod End