1997 Audi A6 Re-Set Lost Timing

AUDI GIRL
  • 1997 AUDI A6
1997 Audi A6 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 202 K miles

Urgent -
I have replaced water pump and did not have the correct tool to keep timing gears at TDC, and have lost the proper timing. How do I fix this? Thank you.
Sunday, August 29th, 2010 AT 6:49 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello and thanks for donating

You will have to rotate the crankshaft using the center bolt so that the timing marks (shown below) are aligned.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Graphic_671.jpg

+1
Sunday, August 29th, 2010 AT 10:15 PM
AUDI GIRL
I have this diagram we purchase the alldata diy what has happened is I did not have the proper tool to lock cams @ TDC and now have to reset timing from start acn you provide me any more in depth info on how to repair this problem
+1
Sunday, August 29th, 2010 AT 11:32 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
You really need the audi tools for this repair, makes it a lot easier but try this. Place balancer mark on cover arrow and make sure the cam lock plates are positioned so that the large holes are to the inside on each cam. If not turn crank one revolution and recheck. Make your own marks on cam gears. Turn crank by hand two rev. And recheck marks. If they line up you're good to go
+1
Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 3:49 PM

Sponsored links