COLD START PROBLEM

Audi 5000

revjam190

September, 7, 2007 AT 9:29 PM

I have an 1986 Audi 5000s with a 2.2 l five cylinder engine with 109,000 miles that has a cold start problem, runs great when it starts. Replaced the thermo time switch, the cold start valve, multi-function temperature sensor and the coolant temperature sensor. Haines manual says there is a frequency valve relay that controls the cold start but cannot locate it. Help, I want to get this car running for my college student daughters.

merlin2021

September, 8, 2007 AT 7:14 AM

I show a wastegate frequency valve? It's next to the ignition coil. And a wastegate solinoid, next to the distributor.

revjam190

September, 8, 2007 AT 5:31 PM

I check and there is not a relay next to my coil. Need further help thank you : ) Tore the dash apart and traced the wiring from the cold start valve and the thermo time switch to the ECM and was able to find a used one. Seems to have fixed the problem

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right