Are they being truthful

APKP
  • 2010 FORD FUSION
Dealership worked on sunroof covered under extended warranty. Sunroof wouldn't open completely but never leaked. After the fixed it they ran it through a car wash and water immediately poured through speaker in the roof on passenger side. They said seal was broken and costs $600 for new glass with seal. Who is liable for this? Did not leak before. Who will have to pay for water damage?
Sunday, February 7th, 2016 AT 7:57 PM

JOHNNYT73
If it never leaked before then you need to bring it up with their service manager. If he/she gives you an issue then you ask for someone above that person to speak with.
Monday, February 8th, 2016 AT 5:34 AM
APKP
Thanks for answering. They are being very rude and changing their story each time I talk to them.
Monday, February 8th, 2016 AT 10:59 AM
JOHNNYT73
Ok, then you need to contact the corporate office.
Monday, February 8th, 2016 AT 11:00 AM
APKP
I called them saturday, customer service rep said that there was nothing that they could other than file a complaint against the dealership since they are privately owned. I asked to speak to her manager and she said she had to out in a written request and that they would contact me withing 24-48hours. I can't believe what a mess this is. It's raining her today and Im sure my car is sitting out in it. Thanks for your help.
Monday, February 8th, 2016 AT 11:06 AM
IS THE WARRANTY TRANSFERABLE TO ANOTHER STEALERSHIP?

Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 AT 6:37 PM
APKP
I'm not sure. They finally called and said that Ford had agreed to provide assistance in paying. They will pay all but $80. So I took that deal, figured it was the best I was going to get. Corporate manager called me and was no help whatsoever.
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 AT 10:29 AM
APKP
I picked my car up yesterday. There were water stains from where it leaked. They agreed to give my car a free detail. When I got home it was dark and my interior lights are not working and my trunk light isn't working either. The water stains are all along where the sunroof is and stretch all the way across the car. Could the water be why the lights aren't working?
Thursday, February 11th, 2016 AT 4:21 AM
MHPAUTOS
May be the cause they may have not connected the light or disturbed the connection, you can contact them with this as it was done during there work, but as you have had so much trouble working with them, if they don't corporate, may be cut the losses and get a different work shop to inspect this issue, you do have the right to take it back, but with the history there, you must ask your self do you want to re visit this problem again.
Friday, February 12th, 2016 AT 3:21 PM