MY CAR IS MAKING NOISES...WHAT'S WRONG?

2010 Ford Fusion

nikki3774

March, 22, 2012 AT 1:36 PM

Last night while driving home, I noticed a noise coming from the front passenger side. At first it sounded like a rock in my wheel. However, it continued to get louder and turned into a slapping noise. When I got home I looked, and didn't see anything broken, etc. I did notice that the hood was EXTREMELY hot in that area.

fixitmr

March, 22, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

Did you look under hood? Does it make noise when not moving?

nikki3774

March, 22, 2012 AT 3:01 PM

I did, but don't really know much "under the hood" stuff.I do know that it was EXTREMELY hot on and under the hood for way longer than it should've been after car wasn't running. It also made pinging noises for quite a while afterward. The noise stops when car is stopped.

djcl

March, 22, 2012 AT 11:51 PM

If it only makes the noise when moving see if the noise changes pitch when swerving left and right @ 50 mph. Did dhe noise just start or has it been getting more pronounced. Check front tires fore cupping. I'm thinking you have a bad rf wheel bearing. Try running the. Care in drive with the front. Wheels off the ground if you still hear the noise replace the rf wheel bearing. Let me know how you make out.

fixitmr

March, 23, 2012 AT 6:35 PM

Hows your temp gauge? Is coolant tank over over on that side under hood? Check your tire over there too. See if it's loose or coming apart.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes