99 INTREPID BRAKE/BRAKE PEDAL PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

1999 All Other Makes All Other Models

sjdevo

May, 4, 2007 AT 10:40 AM

I have a 99 intrepid with 2.7. This winter I started having problems with the brake pedal freezing up and when it would finally work air would come out from the pedal. It still does the air releases when I go out on the highway and up a hill. The brake also starts to get stiff after a few stops until I lift up on the pedal the it releases. I have recently to this car into the shop. And told me that the calipers are ceased and I all new brakes. But I have also talk to a few mechanics and the say it is probably power booster and vacum lines. Which could it be? And does the power booster affect the calipers in a way to make them appear to be ceased beacause of lack of presure?

Excessive Brake Pedal Travel

Brake Pedal Sinking

merlin2021

May, 5, 2007 AT 3:40 AM

The master cylider is bolted to the booster, if the pushrod inside has been moved forward it will preesurize the brake system, causing calipers to drag! If air escapes from the booster it is no good.

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer