I have a 95 Noen SOHC with less than 60k miles on it. The reason for the low miles is that it's a Korea car (bought by a contractor from AAFES and driven around this little country for the past decade). The bad side of that is that it's driven for decades on these crappy roads and sometimes by Korean women (bumpercars is fun and what's maintenance?). So, on to the questions.
1. I have an oil leak between the engine and auto tranny. I think it's the rear main seal, but I'm not sure. The area where the engine and tranny meet always has fresh oil on it and it blows back on the half shaft. Is it the rear main seal, and if so, how hard is it to replace?
2. I have replaced the shocks and front sway bar bushings in an attempt to rehab the poor suspension. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of noise in the front. It sounds like somthing is loose over bumpy roads. I can't pinpoint it, but everything seems solid under the car. Thoughts?
3. As I said, I replaced the all four struts. However, when I go over particularly steep speed bumps and moderate speeds, the right strut rebounds hard, making a loud noise. I have been told that Neon suspension were designed with little travel and that was the cause, but the left strut never does it. Also, I owned a 95 Neon back in 97, and it never did it. Bad strut or something else?
4. Sometimes the gas gauge drops to empty. Not a huge deal, but annoying.
5. In the summer, the car occasionally overheated. Most of the time it was fine, but sometimes it would overheat, and I would notice that the fan wasn't running. Sometimes the fan works, othertimes it takes a timeout. I would like to be able to fix this one, but since it's intermittent, I haven't been able to reproduce it with a mechanic.
have the same problem?
Monday, January 1st, 2007 AT 5:21 PM