94 TOPAZ MAJOR COOLANT LEAK

1994 All Other Makes All Other Models

topaz

I went to warm up my car the other day and noticed a major coolant leak on the passenger side. It was pouring out. I turned off the car and opened the hood, noticing the resevoir was bone dry. When I looked under the car I think I seen it comming from a metal pipe that ran up into something that I counlt see.
I have noticed very small leak in the past and brushed it off. The motor never overheated either.

I am wondering what this could be? And where exactly it is leaking. Could it be a water pump? If so what is the general cost to have it fixed in a shop?

Lovescars

Is the inside of the automobile passenger side carpet also getting wet/damp or is it just outside underneath the car?

topaz

Hello, it was under the car. There is nothing in the car if this helps

Lovescars

Could be the radiator or one of your radiator hoses. Check all connections to be sure they are tight and check hoses for any ruptures.
If the radiator is leaking you should be able to tell fairly easily.

godbear839

January, 30, 2006 AT 8:55 AM

The part you couldn't see is the heater core make sure the " pipe" isn't broken or doesn't have a crack in it also make sure the hose is good and tight on there if you still have the original clamps maybe put another clamp on it.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement