4.7 LITER ENGINE OIL FOAMS

All Other Makes All Other Models

RiverRat

December, 25, 2006 AT 7:43 PM

2003 dakota with 4.7 liter engine knocks at start up due to the oil foaming up, I change oiol every 3000 miles and new filter I have tried every brand of oil annd filter combo and no luck I heard it's a commom problem with this motor, tried slick 50, prolong, and all the other after market lubes but it still foams, would ams oil synthic stop this or is it the pcv or egr valve going bad?

RiverRat

December, 26, 2006 AT 7:17 PM

Change the pcv It's located on the oil filler tube housing, It's a dealer on part as with most newer dodge parts cost 7 dollars, It should be replaced every 20k miles, it allows your crankcase to vent out any condensation out of it, if not replaced you will get foam in your oil. I suggest you use a engeune cleaner like CCR run for 5 minutes drain and replace oil and filter put 16oz of seafoam in crankcase along with new oil this will go thru the hole oil system and the pcv clean out the water and your good to go.
Change your oil 3000 miles later and 16 oz of seafoam every oil change and your problem should not return.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape