2002 YUKON XL FUEL PUMP

• TLehman05
  • 2002 All Other Makes All Other Models

I have a 2002 Yukon XL with 98k on it. The external fuel pump by the tank is making a loud electrical motor sound that will not shut off. I unhooked the power supply to it and it quit. I have been unhooking the battery to shut it off after I shut the car off in order to drive anywhere. I also replaced the fuel pump relay in the fuse box under the hood, did not stop the motor from staying on. Took the relay out and the pump still stayed on. What do I do next to diagnose this? Thanks in advance

Thursday, November 9th, 2006 AT 6:15 PM

• GMX

THERE IS NO EXTERNAL PUMP, COULD U BE TALKING ABOUT THE ABS MOTOR, THERE IS A MODULE THAT GOES BAD ON THE ABS MOTOR THAT COUSES IT TO STAY ON ALL THE TIME. LOCATED AT THE LH RAIL

Monday, November 20th, 2006 AT 9:50 PM
  • TLehman05

You are correct. To my dismay, the abs module was the culprit. Dealer wanted $997 for part, got it for $641, ridiculous, cost $200 to get it put in and the computer reset. Will this go bad again?

Monday, November 20th, 2006 AT 11:26 PM
  • GMX

U can get a rebuilt one for about $200-250 with a five year warrenty from modulemaster. Com in the part of $200 for labor it was a rip off there nothing to it 4 screws & conector thats it.

Tuesday, November 21st, 2006 AT 10:59 PM