GRAND CARAVAN SPORT - SWAYING PROBLEM

2001 All Other Makes All Other Models

redlionsheart

May, 24, 2006 AT 12:38 AM

My 2001 Grand Caravan Sport has a swaying problem, when I was in a complete stop and a wind blows my van is swaying and when I was on the hi-way running about 110 KPH in a slanted or uneven road I have to hold the steering wheel againts it, I replaced my front tie rod ends, have an alignment, I also replace my rear shock absorbers, have my tires rotated but none of them solves my problem, do you have any idea?

vandragon

May, 24, 2006 AT 6:09 AM

Does the van have the high top option? If so, it's like holding a foot wide by eight foot long piece of plywood up while standing in the back of a pickup going 40mph. The faster you go the more lift on the rear of the van. Hell, my 99 grand voyager se with out the top or the spoiler, gets pretty loose at about 90mph. Lots of folks have got killed riding in hightops that got blown off the road or sucked into a big truck.

Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda