F150 EGR VALVE/SENSOR

1999 All Other Makes All Other Models

mruppe2

March, 9, 2006 AT 7:55 PM

I have a 1999 F150 with a 5.4 V8 engine. The Service Engine Soon light recently came on and I had the computer code taken off at Autozone. The first time they told me that I needed a new EGR valve. The light then went off after a few times driving and I got the code checked again and a different person said I needed a new EGR sensor. While driving at a low speed with constant easy pressure on the accelarator it will hesitate and jump a bit. Which problem is most likely? If it is the EGR sensor, where is it located? Thanks.

Egr Valve

peppermrj

March, 10, 2006 AT 5:22 PM

Ford sent out a TSB stating that any EGR related codes should be dealt with by replacing the DPFE sensor without any further diagnostics. So chances are.

If you follow the 2 rubber hoses that run up off the tube from the driver's side exhaust manifold to the EGR valve you'll find it at the top.

Good luck and let us know. : ) Check your PMs. 8)

mruppe2

March, 15, 2006 AT 11:24 AM

Thanks! I talked to a few people and decided that this one was out of my hands. I took it to a mechanic I know and he did the diagnostics on it. Sure enough it was the DPFE Sensor. He changed that along with the EGR vacuum solenoid that was malfunctioning. It was also causing hesitation at low acceleration. Thanks again for the help.

peppermrj

March, 15, 2006 AT 3:37 PM

: D Happy motoring.