It's very possible that the anti-theft system was triggered when you installed the new lock cylinder. Sometimes, when electrical work is done on newer cars, it activates the security system. You can verify this by, after trying to start the car, observing that the "Theft Sys" light is flashing and not on solid. And it's also possible that this will happen again for a longer period of time than an hour sometime soon. My '96 did the same thing after putting in a new stereo.
If it does, you may have to reset the security computer. You can do it with these steps (if you have a battery charger, leave it hooked to the battery throughout this time because chances are it WILL drain the battery):
1) Turn the key and attempt to start the car.
2) Observe that the Theft Sys light is flashing.
3) Release the key to the "On" position and leave it there for no less than 11 minutes. (May need a timer, any less than the allotted time will spoil the entire procedure)
4) Turn the key to the Off position for no less than 30 seconds.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 three times.
6) On the fourth attempt, the car should start.
I just now noticed this was posted in May, but it may help someone else. Hope it does. =)
Friday, November 9th, 2007 AT 11:20 AM