93 SUZUKI SWIFT 1.3LNO SPARK-.66VOLTS TO DISTRIBUTOR- KEY ON

1993 All Other Makes All Other Models

audie buckner

April, 25, 2006 AT 11:42 AM

Help!93 suzuki swift has no spark from coil or plug wires-12volts to coil terminals-12 volts to igniter module under coil on one wire-.66 volts to dist. Key on at both wires-when cranking engine the dist. Has.86 volts=less than one volt!-Traced dist. Wires to computer connecter-same volts there. Engine has been sw : itched and brought to me with no spark. Tried several parts -no volts to dist. Is where problem is I think--help!

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

losone

April, 25, 2006 AT 11:47 AM

Give me exactly waht it will or won't do. I feel that it may need an ignition module but be more specific about the symptons without voltage readings.

audie buckner

April, 25, 2006 AT 11:52 AM

No spark-fuel pump runs a few seconds-dash lights work normal-no spark when cranking-tried a new module under coil-still no spark- help and thank you for the quick reply!

losone

April, 25, 2006 AT 12:00 PM

Those 1.3 have a high timing belt failure. Pull the distributer cap turn the engine so the timing mark is on TDC and insure the rotor is pointing to #1 cyl. Good luck

audie buckner

April, 25, 2006 AT 12:40 PM

Hello! Dist. Rotor movimg when cranking -think timing belt is normal-no spark when cranking-shouldn't there be 12 volts to dist? Tried another computer -numbers different-no spark. Help? Thanks!

losone

April, 25, 2006 AT 1:35 PM

There should be 12V to the distributer. Check all fuses especially to the ECM

audie buckner

April, 25, 2006 AT 2:21 PM

All fuses good under hood and dash. Don't know where dist. Gets voltage from.I know the 2 dist. Wires go directly to computer terminals.I have old engine and have traced all wires.I need wiring schematics to maybe see where power comes from.I have many manuals; but none precise for swifts. Thanks!Help?

losone

April, 25, 2006 AT 2:55 PM

The GM geo metro of that year is the same vehicle and the wiring the ame. The 12V comes from the ignition switch.

audie buckner

April, 25, 2006 AT 5:22 PM

Gonna give up for today; and try to look at a schematic . Thank you for your time today!

audie buckner

April, 26, 2006 AT 9:25 PM

Hi! Got to do a little on car today-looked in factory shop manual for a couple hours. Dist. Voltage with key on should be.04 to.08 volts-and it is. Got resisistances for several parts and test procedures. Hope to find something defective. Also checked air gap in dist.-It had no gap at all! Set to.008+ - switched two relays in fuse block. Got more to check tomorrow. Thanks!

audie buckner

April, 29, 2006 AT 3:29 PM

Help!Still no spark-got code 41 -no dist. Signal-car has same voltage at 2 dist. Wires and 2 terminals on computer-resistances for pickup, coil all normal. Does anyone think it is computer? Help! Thanks!

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000