GEO METRO BRAKE LOCKING UP

1995 All Other Makes All Other Models

bauerly

November, 7, 2006 AT 12:39 PM

I have a 1995 Chev GEOS metro which I have replaced the caliper and the master cylinder. The right front brake will lockup and the only way to release it is to bleed that caliper. It has new brake shoes and caliper pins. The master cylinder has 3 lines on it.
1: going to the right front wheel.
2: going to a unit on the firewall.
3: coming from a unit on the firewall that looks like it is feeding the right front brake to #1.
firewall distribution block> > (Master Cylinder)< < right front caliper

This car doesn't have anti-lock brakes and I don't know the function of the unit on the firewall. I assume it's a distribution valve block of some sort. It has no electronic leads but has a cap on top the look like it could have a some sort of component under it. I'm wondering what is locking only the right front brake and what is the unit on the firewall.

bauerly

November, 7, 2006 AT 2:09 PM

I just opened the line between the master cylinder and that block on the firewall. That released the front brake so I'm thinking it's the block on the firewall. Anything I'm missing?

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear