1990 Z24

• draco00_29
  • 1990 All Other Makes All Other Models

Been awhile since I posted my last question. I also picked up a haynes manual for this car but here is the deal. I found that the map sensor was bad and that there was a broken honey comb in the catalitic converter. Yet after changing the map sensor and just running a straight pipe with also finding a tear in a vacum line(Replaced) the car is still not running right. Sits and Idles fine got some real high rpm right now Oh I put on a new TPS, the darn thing will still idle irratically and stall when you go to drive it and put on the brakes. Idleing pressing on the breaks makes the RPM got up 1-2000 then releasing them puts it back down, What should I start looking at next. Maybe the crank shaft position sensor or the brake booster (tested acc. To haynes but was fine).
I'm lost need to know what to do next need help please.

Thursday, April 13th, 2006 AT 10:52 PM

• losone

Sound slike you might have a bad idle air controller. Good luck

Friday, April 14th, 2006 AT 10:45 AM
  • draco00_29

Replaced the IAC already. Picked up a crank shaft posistion sensor today. Gonna try that next looked into the feul regulater and they want like $124.00 for it. Will try that down the road also looking into coil packs this weekend.

Friday, April 14th, 2006 AT 3:08 PM