QUESTIONS FOR ALL CARS LOW VOLTAGE

1968 All Other Makes All Other Models

frankyb

May, 1, 2009 AT 10:23 AM

1968 Questions for all other cars 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

I own a 1969 lotus elan the problem is when the headlights are on, the radio on, if I open or close the power windows, my radio will shut down for a few seconds, then it will go back on, or if I apply the brakes the radio shuts down, it seems there is not enough amps to supply all the electricals. With the headlights off, I do not have this problem.

May, 5, 2009 AT 1:52 PM

Hi frankyb,

If the battery is weak and the generator not providing sufficient charge the symptoms described would occur.

Get a volt meter and test the charging rate. It should maintain at more than 13 volts.

Check if the generator belt tension. If it is loose, the generator would not be turning at the required speed to provide sufficient charge.

If voltage is low, with generator in good condition, check the voltae regulator. Some adjustment might be required to increase the charging voltage. If it is faulty, it has to be replaced.

frankyb

May, 5, 2009 AT 4:06 PM

THANK YOU, FOUND THE PROBLEM, FAULTY GROUND WIRE FOR THE RADIO. CHEERS!

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement