SMOKEY EXHAUST

Alfa Romeo

ginard67

November, 27, 2007 AT 3:57 AM

Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Spark 58093 mil. 1995. Dear sirs. My car, when stationary (the engine is still on) releases quite a lot of smoke, this has gradually got worse. The pipe is quite dark in the inside. Could you tell me what you think it could be?

November, 27, 2007 AT 4:16 AM

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Yes I can help but what kind of rainbow color is coming out from the tailpipe-Is it black/white/blue

Sounds like you are burning more fuel than air-running to rich

ginard67

November, 28, 2007 AT 4:08 AM

Thanks for replay! The smoke is white but is dense. People are starting to give me looks when they drive past!

Yours Sincerely

Ginard67

November, 28, 2007 AT 5:56 PM

Pull over to a shop and have the following tests done-its an indication of a possible blown headgasket.

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: Thermostat, Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

diamondgoldsilver

April, 4, 2008 AT 12:48 PM

Yes I can Help. If the block & the pressure tests ok then no problem.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20