Airbag light constantly on

SPOONIE98
  • 1998 TOYOTA COROLLA

My airbag light came on suddenly and I took it to a garge to diagnose the problem I was told it needed a new clock spring so I got the part and replaced it myself and took it back to the garge to have the light reset and it still shows the same problem 'hairspring short to positive' I have my test next week and dont know what else to do I cant afford to take it to the garage any and all sugestions would be grateful

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 AT 4:27 PM

ASEMASTER6371

What was the code number? Codes never identify bad parts, just failed systems

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 AT 4:35 PM
SPOONIE98

I dont know the code was only told that there was a problem between the clock spring and the ignition il ring the garage tomorrow for the code could it be a problem with the wiring or a loose connector

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 AT 3:53 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Yes it could but we need the code to further help

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 AT 4:02 PM
SPOONIE98

I didnt get to talk to the garage but I did manage to get flash code 12 by jumping terminals ive checked the clock spring with a multi meter and it seems fine I also checked continuity of driver airbag and passenger airbag and seatbelts tensioner and checked the wiring and they all seem fine so I'm at a loss at what to do ive tried locating the fuse but all I find is the one dat says ecu and wen I take it out the light goes off any ideas thanks

Saturday, April 20th, 2013 AT 5:22 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Code 12 is an engine code

you need to get someone to pull the code for you

Saturday, April 20th, 2013 AT 6:01 PM