Air conditioner compressor not turning on

PACHYAUTO63
  • 2004 TOYOTA SIENNA
I have replaced the compressor but it still will not kick on to pull in the Freon to make it blow cold. Fuses look good. What could be causing the new compressor to not kick on like the old one did?
Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 AT 3:00 PM

MHPAUTOS
You need to vacuum down the system and make sure that it holds a vacuum, with that proven, you can add the refrigerant to the correct weight through the low pressure side via a recharging station. The system will not operate with no refrigerant pressure this is a safety design to protect the compressor. Many mechanics have these recharging stations and adding refrigerant without knowing the exact weight used can damage the system as well. So I recommend that a mechanic do the final stage of the recharging so it is correct and you will not have any problems.
Thursday, April 19th, 2018 AT 5:41 AM
PACHYAUTO63
  • 2006 TOYOTA SIENNA
I have replaced the compressor, the resistor switch. All fuses and relays good. Compressor holding 70-80 pressure but yet the compressor still will not kick on. Cleaned out air flow and sensor replaced but still will not kick on. I am at out of ideas. Please help.
+1
Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 AT 5:13 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371
Good evening

Did you check the fuses to be sure there is no blown fuse?

Did you check for power at the compressor? Check the 10 amp heater fuse in the fuse block.

Sponsored links