AIR BLOWING OUT ALL VENTS AT THE SAME TIME

2004 Ford Ranger

deerhunter270

July, 14, 2014 AT 11:54 AM

When running the ac or heater air blows out all vents at the same time. I have replaced all the vacuum lines but did not fix issue. And the air does not blow out very hard the blower is working fine.I just dont know what else to do to resolve this issue. I have been to numerous mechanics and they say to replace the blend door and one said replace the actuator wich I dont beelive those two items have anything to do with the vents. I even contacted my local ford dealer he said replace the vacuum ball located on the right side if my vehicle just behind the front wheel. Wich I have not done yet. Thank u.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 14, 2014 AT 8:50 PM

The blend air door wouldn't cause this problem. The vacuum ball could. Have you checked to confirm you are getting good vacuum to the control panel on the dash? If you do have good vacuum, then the vacuum ball isn't the issue. Since you replaced all vacuum hoses, my first guess would be the switch on the dash which directs vacuum to different vent doors isn't working.

deerhunter270

July, 15, 2014 AT 8:28 PM

Thank u jacobandnickolas
I pulled the the switch out today there are different colored vacuum lines that connect to the switch I can feel vacuum in the black line wich I think runs the door for max ac but I didn't not feel any vacuum in the colored lines is there supposed to b vacuum on the colored lines also. Thank u

Jacobandnickolas

July, 15, 2014 AT 9:46 PM

With everything in the off position, you should only have vacuum to the supply hose that runs through the firewall to the engine compartment. The different vacuum hoses are supplied with vacuum when you select different modes.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911