Air blend actuator

MICKEY WRIGHT
  • 2015 FORD EXPEDITION
My air conditioner is knocking when changing positions; defrost, high, low, etc. The right-side actuator appears to be behind the glove box area. Do you have instructions for the left side actuator? Thank you in advance!
Tuesday, April 19th, 2022 AT 5:33 PM

• MECHANIC
Hi,

I looked up the directions for the driver's side blend air door actuator. I feel bad giving you the directions. LOL, I have no idea why things get designed like this but do me a favor. Look at the first three pics, specifically pic 2. Note what I highlighted.

With that, pics 1. 2. And 3 are the directions for actuator replacement. The remaining pics are for gaining access to the actuator. You will need to drain the coolant and recover Freon from the A/C system, remove the front seats, and the dash.

I personally haven't done one on a 2015, but I would be looking for an easier way to access it.

Let me know if you have questions or anything I can do to help.

Take care,

See pics below.
Tuesday, April 19th, 2022 AT 7:04 PM
MICKEY WRIGHT
  • 2 POSTS
Thank you. It appears it is not as easy as the online videos saying to take the dash out and change the $50.00 part out.
Wednesday, April 20th, 2022 AT 7:45 AM
  • MECHANIC
Hi Mickey, I can't believe what the manual is saying. To me, it seems extreme. If you provide the link to a video you watched, I will also watch it and see if it makes sense.

Let me know. I would like to help you if possible.

Take care,

Wednesday, April 20th, 2022 AT 7:37 PM

Sponsored links