(1) Oil light was flashing. Had it towed to the shop. Oil level was found fine. Engine was running smooth.
(2) Drove it for another 500 miles. Oil light came on again. Took it in, replaced oil sending unit. Also blew out screen, small debris. No more flashing oil light. Engine still running smooth.
(3) Oil light came on again. Somebody else drove it, timing belt broke.
(4) Had engine torn apart, found camshaft oil-starved, engine ruined.
(1) Your best theory?
(2) Should I not have driven the 500 miles before replacing the sending unit? Could that have caused damage that resulted in the broken timing belt?
(3) Could it be that the debris in the screen had been around for a long time, starving the cam?
have the same problem?
Thursday, September 13th, 2007 AT 1:02 AM