STARTING.....

1992 Acura Vigor

sloshua

June, 18, 2010 AT 4:24 AM

1992 Acura Vigor 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

ok my battery died so I charged it and then I realized that I need a new alternator. What would be a good alternator for a 1992 acura vigor 5clnder. And when you let the battery die the stock alarm prevents the car from being started. Four years ago my wife took it in and it cost us 400 dollars.I believe they only reset the alarm. Can I reset it by myself and how would I go about doing that?Or is it something else.I am unaware of?

June, 22, 2010 AT 9:36 AM

Hi sloshua,

Thank you for the donation.

You need to get the correct alternator for the engine and there are no options except remanufactured, new or used ( from junk yard)

For disarming the security system, after reconnecting the battery, close all doors and use the key to lock and unlock either of the front doors and the security system should be disarmed.

babaesabalete

August, 10, 2010 AT 10:32 AM

When the battery dies you have the option of recharging the battery to let it run a couple more days. Simply remove the " dead" battery, place in an old/new battery (if it is old make sure it is still charged), start the car, wait a few minutes, remove the battery while the car is stil; runnign (remove the negative first!). Then place the " dead" battery in again. The battery will probably still be able to run for a couple more weeks until it finally dies down