POWER STEERING

2005 Acura TL

beridan

October, 3, 2009 AT 4:50 PM

Steering problem
2005 Acura TL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 84500 miles

My Acura TL is extremely noisy when cold. It's a loud windy noise that appears to be coming from the power steering pump. I suggest this because the noise gets louder, much louder, when the steering wheel is turned. The noise settles down and frequently goes away completely when the car warms up. I thought it might be a serpentine belt but I don't recall having one increase its noise level when the wheel is turned. There are very small button-sized drops of hydraulic fluid showing up in my garage. Any suggestions for a fix?

jirivera

November, 4, 2009 AT 6:35 PM

I had that same problem with my acura. The problem was faulty power steering pump. The problem occured again, I was hearing knocking sound again. The problem this time was two bad axles on the front and one bearing. Check with the dealer because it is defective. If you have an extended warranty it will help. The job cost a little over 2000 dollars. Hope this helps. Good luck.

beridan

November, 4, 2009 AT 10:24 PM

Took it to the dealership. Turned out to be a faulty O-ring. Replaced at total cost of about $130.00. No problems since.

Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz