Heating / AC Controls

ROBERT M. FEMINO
  • 2000 ACURA TL
My controls for the heating and A/C will stop working then start up for a while then off. It keeps going back and forth. It like there is a breaker that keeps turning off and on at will. We have no control of the system. The Auto sign comes on and the system shuts down.
Saturday, March 6th, 2010 AT 5:25 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Robert,

Symptoms indicates a possible fault with the AC control panel.

System comes with self diagnostic functions. Check if you have any trouble codes

Running the Self-diagnosis Function

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Press the AUTO button and then the OFF button. Continue to hold both buttons down for 1 minute.

3. If there is any abnormality in the system, the temperature indicator will light up the segment (A through N) corresponding to the error. The temperature indicator will then alternate every second between displaying "88" (all segments lit) and the error code segment (A through N).

NOTE:
The system will only display the DTC when the AUTO and OFF buttons are pressed. If you release the buttons, the display will go blank. To return the display, simply press the AUTO then the OFF
buttons again.

If there is no abnormality, the segments will not light up.
Sunday, March 7th, 2010 AT 10:21 AM
LYNN42
  • 2000 ACURA TL
I have a 2000 Acura TL 3.2 the compressor comes on for 3 secondes and turnes off and the blower will not blow. I hooked a wire from battery positive terminal straght to the wire going to compressor and it comes on and stays on. Do you think I need a control panel on what do you think.
Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 AT 6:23 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Seems to be a problem with the control panel.