1999 Acura TL trans spits out fluid

• 1999 ACURA TL

1999 Acura TL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 157000 miles

Hi my TL has spit out most of its trans fluid out the driver side wheel opening twice on long trips but I filled up the fluid with honda trans fluid and no leaks and it drives fine ive noticed a slight whine now but it shifts fine and there is no slippage the only other thing that it has done that might be related is it felt like it couldnt make up its mind wether it wanted to be in either first or second gear at slow stop and go traffic speeds ive replaced the filter and new hoses put a comptech trans cooler in what do you think my problem could be

Friday, August 22nd, 2008 AT 11:48 PM

Hi adstacoma,

Overfilling of ATF would cause it to flow out of breather hole when fluid heats up. Other cause is overheating which you have attended to by installing an oil cooler.

As to uncertain gearshifts, it can be due to improper TPS adjustment, valve body or PCM fault. Get a scan/diagnostic done to find out if any sensors are faulty or out of specs.

Monday, August 25th, 2008 AT 2:21 PM