MI CAR DAMAGE 2 A/C COMPRESOR COILS

2002 Acura RSX

luis1778

August, 18, 2010 AT 10:08 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Acura RSX 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 110000 miles

About 4 weeks ago my A/C stopped working suddenly. I have a Helms shop manual for my car, so I followed the troubleshooting procedure. The A/C clutch was not engaging. I traced it to a bad coil (no continuity measured by an ohmmeter).

The compressor had 168,000 miles on it, and it wasn't possible to remove the pulley / clutch without removing the entire compressor, so I just replaced the whole thing. I had the system recovered at a local shop, then installed the new compressor and new dryer myself. The new coil measured 3.2 ohms. I took it back to the same shop to have the system vacuumed and recharged. They reported no leaks, and everything seemed to be working great.

It's now 1 week later, and the clutch won't engage again. I tested the coil again, and it now show (0 ohms). The fuses not blow everything work fine Fans, Blowers, relays but my car damage 2 coils. When I leplace it the A/C coil works fine for 1 wheek them bad coil.

Looking for input from the experts:

Thanks!

Cj7

Wrenchtech

August, 18, 2010 AT 10:20 AM

There is nothing your car can do to cause an open circuit in a clutch coil. I would look carefully for any damaged plugs but other than that, I would say your just getting substandard parts. Cheaper is not always better. There's a lot of junk being sold out there.

luis1778

August, 18, 2010 AT 10:26 AM

I buy a originals oem honda parts (coil) and all the plugs are fine. I not satisfied with your answer.

Wrenchtech

August, 18, 2010 AT 12:00 PM

I'm sorry if your not satisfied with my answer but I donate my time here for free and don't guarantee to tell you what you want to hear.
Maybe someone else will.

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars