SQUEKING NOISE IN FRONT OF CAR

2003 Acura RL

pattihypes

December, 27, 2009 AT 5:25 PM

Noises problem
2003 Acura RL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 miles

I have a terrible squeaking noise coming from the front of the car. I know it's not the brakes, as I recently had all 4 brakes replaced. Could it be the front shocks? It used to come just from the driver side, but now I am hearing it on both sides in front. Thanks a million!

mathiaso

December, 27, 2009 AT 6:05 PM

Hello pattihypes

Welcome to 2carpros.

When does the squeaking noise happen?
When braking? Or when driving over a bump? Or when turning?

pattihypes

December, 27, 2009 AT 8:56 PM

The noise is mostly when I start up and start driving. It doesn't happen when I brake, but when the car is in drive and it's pretty bad for the first 15 minutes. It either gets better or I block it out. I'm not quite sure.

mathiaso

December, 27, 2009 AT 9:29 PM

Hello pattihypes

high-pitched squealing noise is caused by a glaze that develops on the outer surface of the belt, which may be due to pulley misalignment and/or slippage (loss of belt tension or a weak automatic tensioner). The noise does not affect belt operation or reliability (unless it is slipping), but the noise can be very annoying. Belt replacement is the only way to get rid of the noise. You can spray a noisy belt with aerosol belt dressing lubricant. These products will often quiet belt noise for awhile, but sooner or later the noise will come back. The best fix is a new belt, or to replace the belt tensioner if it is weak and is allowing the belt to slip.

pattihypes

December, 28, 2009 AT 7:50 AM

Thank you! You are the bomb!

mathiaso

December, 31, 2009 AT 1:33 AM

Thank you for your donation and for visiting 2CarPros. Com we hope to help you again the next time you need us

Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes