TURBO

2008 Acura RDX

Steplhen Shirk

May, 6, 2008 AT 2:04 PM

2008 Acura RDX 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 23000 miles

Due to exceeding gas mileage, I have been trying to run my car without having the turbo activate any more than nescessary. Mileage seems to be better.
Can the turbo be either adjusted to not come on as much and can it be disabled?
The car seems to have enough pep without it in
normal drivijng.
Thx.

2CarPros Ken

October, 16, 2008 AT 8:44 PM

Hello, your turbo is set up from the factory to work with your particular engine, even if you cant hear the turbo at low speeds its working, so if you cant hear the turbo your foot is out of it, and you get beter milage, as far as removing the turbo, I wouldnt, the engine is designed to work with it.

helma

May, 10, 2010 AT 5:58 AM

I bought an RDX after test driving practically every SUV/CUV currently available new. I believe the horsepower rating it has is very conservative. From a 70 mph roll up to 135 mph there is only one SUV/CUV that can beat the RDX. Yeah the Porshe Twin Turbo Cayenne spanked me! But, I am waiting to see what aftermarket performance goodies come out for the RDX. Oh, I don't know about the guy in the video but my RDX will do multiple sub 6 sec. 0 to 60 runs. One issue I do have is the brakes. I have to get six piston calipers for the front or I am going to end up in a bad way.