92 ABS LIGHT AND BRAKE LIGHT COMES ON AND OFF

1992 Acura Legend

rkudrya

December, 30, 2006 AT 1:43 AM

I have a 92 Acura Legend LS with 145xxx miles. After the car is running for a couple of minutes the ABS light comes on and stays on untill the car is shut off.
The brake light comes on at " random" and goes off whenever it wants to. Usually if I am braking it will come on and then a soon as I shift into 2nd it will go off but while driving in the city it will come on/off too.

If anyone knows how to fix it, please help. I am more concerned with the brake light.

Bruce Hunt

December, 30, 2006 AT 9:39 AM

The brake light has a switch/sensor located under the dash that is activated by the brake pedal. Try checking that out first. It is possible that the ABS could go away at the same time you fix this problem. Not only that but when the switch/sensor gets either out of adjustment or fails, the tranny if you have an automatic will not want to shift out of park.

rkudrya

December, 30, 2006 AT 9:30 PM

I have been able to fix the problem.

All it was, is the brake fluid was getting low. I added more brake fluid and instatly both of the lights never came on while driving.

I remembered this because I used to have a Mirage and it had the brake light on so after adding brake fluid it went off.

Just a info point to all the mechanics - if the light is on suggest adding brake fluid IF it seems to be low in the bottle.

Door Gunner

August, 16, 2007 AT 12:32 PM

98 Ram 1500 146,000 miles abs and brake lights comes on and stays on while eng is running. For past 1 year

Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement