You can try adjusting the idling speed first.
IDLE SPEED & MIXTURE
1. Operate engine until cooling fan comes on. Remove cap from 2-pin connector, located near under- hood relay box. Connect a tachometer to single-Blue wire in 2-pin connector. Check base idle speed with M/T in Neutral (A/T in "N" or "P") and all accessories, including cooling fan, off. Idle speed should be as specified. See IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS table.
2. Connect jumper wire at ignition timing adjusting connector. See Fig. 1 . Check Yellow LED on ECM (M/T) or PCM (A/T), located under passenger seat.
3. If LED is off, idle is okay. If LED is blinking, turn idle screw 1/4 turn clockwise. If LED is on steady, turn idle screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise. See Fig. 2 .
4. After turning idle screw 1/4 turn, wait 30 seconds for LED to go out. If LED does not go out, repeat 1/4 turn (in same direction) and wait 30 seconds, as necessary, until LED goes out.
IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS
Fig. 4: Adjusting Idle Screw Courtesy of AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. Idle Mixture IDLE CO LEVEL
NOTE: On engines with less than 310 miles, Yellow LED may glow even if idle is okay. DO NOT adjust idle screw on these vehicles.
Application RPM Coupe & GS Sedan
A/T (1) 580-680
Sedan "L" & LS
A/T (1) 550-650
(1) Automatic transmission in Neutral or Park.
NOTE: Idle mixture adjustment is not part of normal tune-up procedure and should not be performed unless mixture control unit is replaced or vehicle fails emissions testing. For idle CO level, see IDLE CO LEVEL table. Application CO Level Legend 0.1%
Page 1 of 1 ADJUSTMENTS -1994 Acura Legend L 9/13/2008
The EAVC is attached to the throttle body and to clean it, you can spray carb cleaner into the throttle body with the throttle valve opened.
Saturday, September 13th, 2008 AT 6:44 AM