Car will not start

SAUL EGAN
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 385,000 miles

Yesterday I turned on the car and it started, but it also started to leak anti-freeze from the bottom not from the engine but from the mid part of the car over where the exhaust pipe runs down the car so I left it alone. So today I tried to turn on the car and it will not start and I put anti-freeze in it. So that is where I am at, so please help.

Tuesday, June 15th, 2010 AT 3:54 PM

KHLOW2008

Hi Saul,

At bottom of this reply there is a link " First things To Check". Click it to get an idea what to check for if the engine could not be started.

http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/first_things.htm

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 10:03 AM
SALEMMECHANIC
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

I have replaced the head gasket on both sides and put the car back together and now it will not turn over and when I take the key out of the ignition the temperature gauge peaks and the battery and check engine light stay illuminated. Please help

Monday, March 6th, 2017 AT 3:07 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008

You seem to have missed out on a main ground cable connection.

LUDELV2009
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 106,000 miles

what causes car to turn over but not start? Changed fuel pump, wire, relay.

KHLOW2008

Hi ludelv2009,

The foolowing has the answer to your question. Check the link that is applicable.

.

TPARK1031
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 230,000 miles

I was driving it and the car cut off. I have a second Acura Legend that is running. I took the fuel relay out of the running car and put it into the non-running car and it did not start. I then took the fuel relay out of the non-running car and put it into the running car and it worked. After that I proceeded by taking the fuel pump out of the non-running car and I put it into the running car and it continued to run. I took the fuel pump out of the running car and put it into the non-running car and it still did not run. I checked for currents in the fuel pump and I am not getting currents into the non-running car. I checked for currents on the running car in the fuel pump and getting currents for two second intervals. Do you have any suggestions of what is wrong as to why I am not getting currents in the non-running car? Also, I checked all of the fuses under the dash and under the hood and none of those are bad. Are there any other fuel relays that I am not aware of? Why am I not getting currents to the fuel pump?

Try testing the PGM-FI main relay.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_pgmfi_1.jpg

TPARK1031

Is this the main fuel relay? If not, where would I find this on the car?

The PGM-FI main relay is located under left side of dash in relay block.

TPARK1031

I have checked that already. What else can you suggest I check?

Power the fuel pump black and yellow wire from the battery. If it comes on back track to the relay.

SLIK8806
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

My car does not start. I turn the switch and it just struggles but does not start.

+1

Get a helper disconnect a spark plug wire or two and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer.

WEEZY08
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 150,000 miles

when I start my car have to turn key half way wait for engine light to go off the start or it will not start. What gives?

KHLOW2008

Hi weezy08,

The symptoms indicates a possible PGM-FI main relay or ECU problem.
Check the PGM-FI main relay first.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PGMFIRelay90Legend_2.jpg

JMCHAMBERS
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 205,000 miles

Drove into town, turned engine off, back in the car within ten minutes and it would not start for two hours. I pumped the gas twice and it started right up. Had this problem before but the I simply took off the negative cable for one minute put it back on and the car started. This last time it was very warm out, and the engine was hot. After getting home it has been starting every time, but I have not driven very far either. The car also has copper battery clamps. Is it possibe that the car just overheated this last time? Thanks, Jason

Monday, March 6th, 2017 AT 3:08 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008

Hi Jason,

If the engine had overheated, there would be coolant losses in the radiator system.

I would suggest you take a look at the main relay, known to fail occasionally due to bad continuity in its circuit board.

• 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Car will not start. When it does start, it runs very good. Changed the crankshaft sensor and ignition, started right up. Turn off engine and try again no luck. Engine turns but no spark in coils. Any suggestions?

KHLOW2008

Did you check for trouble codes?
Was anything done prior to this occurring?

JAMIN01
  • 1991 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 138,000 miles

i disconnected my battery because something was draining it. The car usually start as soon as I reconnect. One morning I go to start the car and it would not start. The engine just keeping turning over. Is this because of the alarm? How can I fix the problem?