Here are replies to your answer gents:
1. Are you able to identify which wheel or location of the source? Nearest location of source of noise helps.
- front drivers side wheel
2. Did the noise goes away after replacement of the items listed and comes back only after some driving? Was it exactly the same or were there any difference to the noise?
- right after we tightened the caliper, the noise went away for a bit. But came back after some driving. Even from a cold start. Noise only returns after a few mins of driving.
3. Did you check the CV joints?
- had someone at pep boys look at the cv joint, they said it looked fine to them and they didnt see any problem with it.
4. Are the wheel rims standard? Did you check if there are any abrasions on the inner parts of the rims?
- The rims are the stock ones. No damage was observed when I last removed it.
5. Do you feel anything from the brake pedal?
- brake pedal feels normal. No funny feeling though the pedal.
6. Any feelings felt at the steering wheel?
- same here. Feels perfectly normal.
Also should have mentioned, we put 2 new studs on the wheel as the 2 previous studs lost their threading.
Please help cos its really starting to bug me that I cant find whats wrong with this car.
Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 AT 9:32 AM