WILL A NEW EGR VALVE FIX MY PROBLEM?

1991 Acura Integra

Staxgang

May, 21, 2010 AT 4:06 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1991 Acura Integra 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 miles

My car starts fine and you can drive it, But when you cut it off it won't start unless you let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes. After that it will start up just fine with no problems. I would like to know if a new EGR Valve will solve this problem.

May, 21, 2010 AT 6:31 PM

Next time it stalls don't wait do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it