There is an idle air control motor that controls the idle speed. You need to check and see if it is working.
I will attach a picture for you to view. It is a very common failure for this issue.
1. Disconnect Idle Air Control (IAC) valve electrical connector.
2. Remove two IAC valve retaining screws.
3. Remove IAC valve and gasket.
NOTE: If scraping is necessary, be careful not to damage IAC valve or throttle body gasket surfaces, or drop material into throttle body.
4. Clean gasket surfaces.
1. Make sure that both throttle body and IAC valve gasket surfaces are clean.
2. Install IAC gasket on throttle body surface and mount IAC valve, securing it with two retaining screws. Tighten to 8-11 Nm (71-97 in lb).
3. Connect electrical connector to IAC valve.
Thursday, January 10th, 2019 AT 6:10 AM