MY BRAKES ARE FROZEN AFTER LONG RAIN AND NO DRIVING

2011 Volkswagen Polo

abuti

January, 4, 2012 AT 5:45 AM

VW Polo 1.4 problem is car cannot move on first gear or reverse gear after starting the car, I am not sure if the problem is on the front brakes or rear, this happen after I drive the car in heavy rain and then parked it garage for a week? I drive the can during the heavy rain fall, then immediately parked it in garage for 1 week without driving it. After a week I started the car put on reverse gear, then I noticed that the car is not moving but instead is jacking/lifting up, even when I put the first gear it does not want to move forward. I am not quite sure whether the problem is on the front or rear brakes?

rivermikerat

January, 4, 2012 AT 5:51 AM

Rear brakes. Parking brake is locked up.

abuti

January, 6, 2012 AT 6:08 AM

The cause was the rust on the rear brake drums they could not turn due to the car standing for the week. Used hammer to knock the drum slightly in order for the drums to turn, problem solved

rivermikerat

January, 6, 2012 AT 6:38 AM

Good to hear.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy