Brakes

FIRIIMEN
  • 2011 NISSAN
  • 29 MILES

What are the main reasons for Centric Preferred Brake Master Cylinder not functioning properly?

Thursday, August 9th, 2012 AT 2:05 PM

FIRIIMEN

By the way it's 29.000KM

Thursday, August 9th, 2012 AT 2:06 PM

What model Nissan is this? Centric Preferred Brake Master Cylinder? And what is the problem

Thursday, August 9th, 2012 AT 2:11 PM
FIRIIMEN

This is Nissan Juke. Couple days ago brake pads changed and 30K maintenance service was done. Yesterday while I was driving I realized that the brake pedal is going all the way down when I brake! I took the car to the Dealer's service they told me that the main brake system - don't know the exact name of the part, please check the picture I attached. Looks like that - was broken and needs to be changed. I just want to know how this system gets broken? What might be the cause of changing almost a brand new cars' central brake system?

Thursday, August 9th, 2012 AT 2:24 PM
KHLOW2008

The picture shows a master cylinder. This component should not break down easily, especially with an almost new vehicle. Apart from manufacturers defect, there is nothing that should cause it.

Thursday, August 9th, 2012 AT 2:46 PM
FIRIIMEN

Thank you for your help. Even though the broken part was changed yesterday, today I took my car to the service again with the same problem! Now they told me that they will rent an equivalent car for ten days for me and try to repair during that time! I'm planning to sue Nissan. I'll talk to my lawyer.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 10:36 AM
KHLOW2008

If changing the thing does not solve the problem, it could be a fault with the ABS system.

They are taking responsibility of the job under warranty so there is no necessity to sue them, at least not for now.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 10:43 AM