MY WRANGLER WOULD NOT START ONE MORNING

2011 Jeep Wrangler

Anonymous

March, 4, 2013 AT 12:13 PM

My Wrangler would not start one morning. There were no signs of any problem the day before.
first attempt at starting the engine failed, I tried again with a bit of gas and it started but the engine would shake frantically.
i loaded the car on a truck and sent it to the Chrysler dealership. On the scan it showed cylinder 1 and 3. The spark plugs were toast. After changing spark plugs the engine would still shake. So they tried changing fuel injectors but the problem persisted.
today they told me in one of the pistons there is no pressure.

the day before this problem I had it serviced for oil change, air filter change, fuel injector fluid was also added to the fuel tank. The service was done by Chrysler engineers.

any ideas on what could have caused such a problem?

hmac300

March, 4, 2013 AT 2:24 PM

If one of the cylinders leaned out like an injector gone bad it may have burned a hole in the piston or burnt a valve. The injector fluid in the tank does practically nothing so if you can get a small camera in there to look it would save pulin gthe head otherwise thehead will need to be removed to see damage. Not a cheap fix

hmac300

March, 4, 2013 AT 2:25 PM

Due to year it may be still under warranty though

janet44

March, 12, 2013 AT 5:46 AM

Most engine problems tend to be computer related. Check your engine thoroughly. You can be able to tell that something is wrong with your engine by smell, sight or even the way the engine sounds. If you have not noticed such, then thorough inspection is required. A code scanner will direct you on the issue.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230