2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine coolant sensor replacement

JJWK427
  • 2011 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Trying to replace ect sensor on my vehicle but I can not locate. It or see it or find a procedure to replace it Need help
Monday, August 4th, 2014 AT 11:02 AM

See pic
rear of lh cyl head
+2
Monday, August 4th, 2014 AT 12:44 PM
JJWK427
Thank you for picture, I have that picture also, is this picture on left side of engine head or back of head
Monday, August 4th, 2014 AT 1:13 PM
Re read my first reply
-2
Monday, August 4th, 2014 AT 1:15 PM
JJWK427
You can not see anything, is there Anything to remove to help access it
-1
Monday, August 4th, 2014 AT 5:57 PM
Get a flashlight and you may need to remove a cover on top of engine to see it. If you feel uncomfortable doing it have a pro do it for you or someone who is more familiar with engines.
-1
Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 AT 6:05 AM
JJWK427
Thank you for your help, but I assume your have never changed a ect sensor on on this particular vehicle. I am very comfortable around engine's but there is so much plastic and stuff on and around this engine. It is not a simple procedure to change. Was just hoping someone has changed one and could shed some light on how to change it
-1
Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 AT 7:08 AM
Well you have to remove most of the crap around to get to it. Some things are no easy task.
Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 AT 7:10 AM
No there is only one sensor now it's going to have to be checked for a shorted wire or possibly a bad pcm or any of the things listed in pic
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 AT 12:24 PM
VENOOM45
My engine light is been on for a while, so I went to auto advance and autozone and they ran the scanner. Both test came with the coolant tempeture sensor, so I took the jeep to pepboy and replace the sensor. So, after driving the jeep for a while the engine light came back on again, so I took the jeep back for scanner and it gave me the same reading. Sensor temp coolant. Is there something else I'm not doing right? Or there's more than one sensor? Please help.
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 AT 5:01 PM