I HAVE A 2011 FORD FUSION

2011 Ford Fusion

andybrookebarker@yahoo.com

December, 1, 2012 AT 3:47 AM

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion. On my way to work this morning, I looked down at my dash while driving on the freeway and it went completely dark except for a flashing “P” where the drive display normally shows (P, R, N, D, etc). The car was still running fine, so I waited until I got off at my exit, pulled over, and turned the car off thinking if I turned it back on the dash might reset and function normally. To my surprise, the car wouldn’t start back up. I turned the key and got a single “click, ” nothing more…same thing each time I repeatedly tried to start it. The “P” continues to flash with the car off. Tested the battery and it’s still full of juice, radio, lights, etc work fine. Tested the fuses and all appear to be working. Had a friend with a scanner hook it up to the car’s port and it said something like “no DTC codes currently stored in this vehicle” or something to that effect. Thoughts on what might be causing this?

December, 1, 2012 AT 3:52 PM

First, how did you load test the battery?

Basic electric will mot set any codes.

It sounds like either a failed batter, bad alternator or connections at the battery cable

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement