1

2010 Volkswagen TDI

Anonymous

October, 27, 2012 AT 4:13 PM

1.9 tdi touran: vw touran ft10 zdl had reserve deasel put £4 of unleaded then topped up with £26 of deasel will I be ok seems ok at the moment only driven about 3 miles though some sites seem to say it should be fine the petrol station says it should be fine

Wiring Issue?

exovcds

October, 27, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

To be safe, I would flush it all out. Diesel is not only a fuel, but a lubricant that lubricates all high pressure diesel components.

A mixture of petrol (gasoline) & diesel will make the fuel thinner, which will affect its lubrication ability. Not able to withstand
the high pressures that components put it under, can cause those components to wear.

Thomas

mhpautos

October, 28, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

I would recommend that the fuel be removed and a new filter added as the last poster suggested this is not good for the injection pump or the injectors, if it was my car I would not leave the petrol mixed in the tank I would be getting it drained and a new filter.

Coolant Drain and Refill
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement